|USEFUL DOWNLOADS AND LINKS|
The PSE Department is committed to providing a high quality, impartial careers education to all students.
The programme of study is Year 7 – 11, and aims to motivate by introducing students to careers of interest and by linking entry routes to the educational opportunities they get at Werneth.
Modules of work include:
- Skills of research and enquiry
- Labour market intelligence
- Strengths and aptitudes
- Support for Year 9 Options
- Pathways at 16
- Preparation for Work Experience
- Economic and financial wellbeing
- Skills and techniques for applications and interviews.
- Links and pathways with local colleges
- Links with IAG Advisors
Careers information is available in Room 22 and the BAF Suite, but most of the careers information is electronic. Careers lessons in PSE may be taken in the IT Suites and the department has invested heavily in site licences.
Kudos and Higher Ideas can be accessed by students and parents at home via the internet, which can help students research careers for homework or out of general interest.