5 October 2020
Positive Coronavirus case in Year 9
We were notified this morning that a student in Year 9 had tested positive for Coronavirus, and we activated and followed advice from the NHS Schools Line. The student has not been in school for the last 6 days.
As a result, 74 students in Year 9 were collected by parents/carers or sent home by break time today.
These students were identified because:
- They were EITHER in the same form group as the positive case OR had a lesson with the student in the 48 hours prior to him developing symptoms
- They came into close contact with him at break, lunchtime or on the way to and from school.
No other students are required to isolate: this includes siblings of students who have been sent home.
What does the isolation mean for students who have been sent home?
- Year 9 isolated students are required to isolate at home and not return to school until next MONDAY 12th October ( 14 days since the last contact )
- They do not need to take a COVID test unless they develop symptoms
- Family members are not required to isolate, nor take a test, unless they develop symptoms
Remote (home) learning will be activated for these students as soon as possible. This will include some lessons on Google Classroom and some work sent home.