Post-16 Information Evening 22/23
Open Event Dates
Thursday 23rd March 4.30 pm - 7.00 pm
Saturday 17th June 10.30 am - 1.00 pm
Tel: 0161 483 3237
|Clarendon sixth form college||
virtual open days, see college website
Thursday 16th March 2023 4:30 - 7.30
Thursday 23rd March 2023 4:30 - 7.30
0161 224 1781
|Hazel Grove Sixth Form|
|Cheadle Hulme High School|
|Ashton Sixth Form College||
Students can register their attendance at -
Students can register their attendance at - https://www.asfc.ac.uk/events/
|Growth Company Greater Manchester Skills Centre||
Students can register their attendance at - https://www.
|Loreto Sixth Form||www.loreto.ac.uk 0161 226 5156|
|Macclesfield College||www.macclesfield.ac.uk 01625 410 000|
|Poynton HS Sixth Form||www.phs.cheshire.sch.uk 01625 871 81|
|City Campus Manchester||https://www.tmc.ac.uk/locations/citycampus-manchester/|
|Shena Simon Campus||https://www.tmc.ac.uk/locat ions/shena-simon-campus|
10am – 2.30pm
Saturday 14th January
www.reaseheath.ac.uk 01270 613 242
|FutureSkills @MediaCityUK||www.salfordcc.ac.uk 0161 631 5003|
|Manchester Access Creative College||
Our next FE open day at our city centre location is on Saturday 4th February 10am - 2pm. Students can book themselves a place using the link below:
college open days
Careers Leads -
Sam Warrington - Subject Leader for Life Learning - email@example.com
Hannah Cain firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Mason - Careers Development Officer Pamela.email@example.com
Careers contact for employers
We are always keen to extend our careers programme. If you are a business or employer and feel you can help provide excellent careers information or opportunities for our students, then please contact the school's careers leaders: Mrs Rhiannon Chantler or Mrs Natalie Smith-O’Connell.
The aims of Careers Education at Werneth are to:
- Develop a careers guidance system that is right for our students, personalising our provision to their needs as individuals.
- Raise students’ achievement to allow them to develop aspirational but realistic paths into the workplace.
- Support inclusion and promote equality of opportunity and encourage students to contribute positively to their communities.
- Encourage participation in lifelong learning, including further and higher education as well as learning through apprenticeships and work.
- Allow students to develop a broad understanding of the world of work and an ability to respond to changing opportunities through labour market education and independent research.
- Empower students with access to information and guidance to allow them to independently research their paths into work, college, sixth form, further education, Higher Education and Apprenticeships.
- Allow students, the opportunity to enhance their skills for work and core competencies in line with our Academies values through the curriculum and independent learning.
- Allow the students an opportunity to be self-aware of their individual skills and qualities as well as their development needs when researching and making future choices.
- For our learners to be enthusiastic about their future opportunities and embrace their future.
- Embrace the Gatsby benchmark model to support our strategic goals in achieving an outstanding school wide careers provision for our learners.
A leading organisation in the education sector. Explore information and advice about apprenticeships, T-Levels and Traineeships.
Explore key information, guidance and resources all about Apprenticeships https://amazingapprenticeships.com/apprenticeships/
Find out about T-Levels, a new career-focused alternative to A Levels https://amazingapprenticeships.com/t-levels/
Discover how Traineeships help prepare individuals for apprenticeships or work https://amazingapprenticeships.com/traineeships/
Contact: 0161 474 4745
Stockport Apprenticeships Store is the country's only independent apprenticeships hub. Ttrained staff are on hand Monday to Friday from 10am to 4:30pm, with a wide range of apprenticeship resources and regular events to help you in your apprenticeship search.
Use the links and discover information on Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
The Growth Company, Stockport Training centre
- Apprenticeships and vacancies
Are you looking to get a head start in your future career and earn money at the same time? If the answer is yes, then see how an apprenticeship can get you ahead of the competition.
- Pre-Apprenticeship/Study Program
A Pre-Apprenticeship/Study Programme is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours which you will need to progress on to an apprenticeship, employment or further study
Rate My Apprenticeship
'RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk invites students to a FREE Apprenticeship careers virtual event on Tuesday 21st February. This information-packed virtual event is perfect for students in years 10-13 who are exploring their options and want to learn more about Apprenticeships.
The Festival of Apprenticeships
|The Festival of Apprenticeships is back in 2023, kickstarting the year during National Apprenticeship Week with a week-long online event for schools and colleges. Click the link to find out more and register your place.
Other Sixth Form centres
Greater Manchester Higher
GM Higher – Greater Manchester Higher is a collaboration of universities and further education colleges from across the region working together to provide impartial information, advice and guidance about higher education. gmhigher.ac.uk
Parent and Carers Guide
GM Higher Links
Parent/Carer talks (Y10/11)
30-minute online session
Development level activity
The presentation will provide greater emphasis around the importance of post-16 decision making and the role of parents and carers in supporting learners to achieve their goals. Parents will have the opportunity to chat informally with a member of the team following the talk.
Why HE? – presentation (year 10-11)
30-minute online session.
Provides a more detailed look at higher education pathways, including degree apprenticeships, and how these can be informed by decisions at age 16.
HE Uncovered- presentation (year 8-9)
30-minute online session
Introductory level activity.
Introduces the learner to higher education and links to the importance of GCSE subject choices and attainment as a gateway to success.
Study Skills – workshop (year 10-11)
30-minute online session.
Development level activity.
This session will help learners to develop effective study strategies including managing their time and distractions, note-taking and self-reflection, supporting them to feel more confident in the classroom.
If you would like to book any of these please go on to the link provided and express your interest through the booking form in these links.
- https://successatschool.org/ - this is a great starting point to help build up your CV writing. It offers so much advice on how you approach life after school and what comes next. Give it a read!
- https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/ - this is the official government site and offers information on a wide range of careers, job roles and CV writing. There are a number of career tools that support choices about future routes.
- https://www.gov.uk/education/apprenticeships-traineeships-and-internships/ – offers information about different apprenticeships and provides details of current vacancies.
- http://theapprenticeshiphub.co.uk/apprenticeship-vacancies/ - the Greater Manchester Apprenticeship Hub brings together partners from across the city region, working together to increase the scale, breadth and quality of Apprenticeships in Greater Manchester.
- http://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk - Information on the wide range of careers within the NHS.
- http://www.ucas.com – offers advice on course choices and options after doing GCSE’s. In addition students can start thinking about universities and course entry requirements
- http://www.icould.com - icould is an online charity providing career ideas and information for young people.
- https://icould.com/buzz-quiz/?buzz_page=0 - take the Buzz Quiz
- https://www.icanbea.org.uk/career-o-meter/ - The LMI for All project provides a tool which can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations to support the process of identifying potential careers. This tool helps you to compare national average wages and working hours for up to three occupations.
Apprenticeship helpful links
T levels Info 21/22 Parents Guide