- Sexism means discrimination based on sex or gender, or the belief that because men are superior to women.
- Such a belief can be conscious or unconscious.
- In sexism, as in racism, the differences between two (or more) groups are viewed as indications that one group is superior or inferior.
- Sexist discrimination against girls and women is a means of maintaining male domination and power.
- Sexism limits the options of women and girls and can lead to discrimination or less favourable treatment.
- It is learned behaviour, however, and can therefore be 'unlearned’.
Here are some You Tube video links:
- 60 women trailblazers and role models: https://youtu.be/eOYx1yuccCk